mess making, knuckle skinning and general creative chaos

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Whats Your Favorite Color, Baby?


Here is a picture of a Mariner blue Chevy and my firewall.


This is a color chart from an original Chevrolet sales brochure from early 1950s. You'll see the Mariner Blue, which was Soc's original color. I'm still undecided on the color to repaint. I definitely will keep an original color. First, I think they are simply great colors; fads in colors dont last, they come and go (imagine its 1987 and I upholster the seat with acid wash denim material). And an original color will retain its value.

If you're interested in other old Chevy truck ephemera, you'll enjoy this black and white filmstrip. "Advance Design for '49" It takes a while to download and uses Quicktime. Be patient.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I like Ocean Green. As you know, however, they didn't let me in the Coast Guard because of my color-blindness. You should solicit other opinions.

6:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home