mess making, knuckle skinning and general creative chaos

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Just Add Meat

My latest project involves cooking meat...


I have a New Braunfels smoker that I scored from the side of the road one early morning on the way to work. I sware I felt a disturbance in the force and heard the sound of every redneck in the county sniff the air when I was loading it in the truck; timing is everything.

The smoker is great. But keeping the wood going at a steady temperature is a challenge.
My solution came in the form of an old gas grill that had its last party this past summer. I took the valves and LP connectors, bought a new burner and bolted it all together in the smoke box.

Now I have a gas grill, an easy to regulate smoker and a custom rig that all my friends will envy.

Next step is to add the side burner on so I can cook the beans or boil water for corn on the cob.




Note the sweet knobs. They were on some valves and Cu pipe I was hoarding for scrap. See honey...thats why I keep all this shtuff around.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger UncleBubba said...

Belvedere come here Boy!!!! I think we have been attacked By some Yankees, look they have gone on and Sabotaged our Good Ole Smoker. Well oh Well come Here BOY!!!! Them Rascals have gone on and Mind Washed our Good Ole Timeie Friend ……..What is the Southern BBQ World to Think ……. He has gone Hollywood on us and does not Believe in the Wood Smokin’ Brotherhood. Ohhhh NOOO Belvedere, we must take some de-programming actions… maybe a Southern’ Smoker Intervention????

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home