mess making, knuckle skinning and general creative chaos

Friday, July 14, 2006

Waiting (again).



Well friends I sent back two of the patch panels. They just weren't right. Here's the specific area Im talking about. The pieces I got from LMC Truck only went from floor up to the first horizontal line. AND the cost $40/ side. I returned them because the rust goes higher. Chevyduty had the full panel for $30. So I expect to be cutting and welding Monday.

Meantime I have begun work on the frame. I decide that since the frame is in great shape without any rust, I will just clean it up and paint it without sandblasting. The rationale is 1) It lasted for 57 years without epoxy. 2)If I get another 57 years out of a simple industrial strength enamel, Ill be dead anyway 3) If I dont get going on this soon and stop overanalyzing, Ill be dead anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home