mess making, knuckle skinning and general creative chaos

Friday, July 13, 2007

Pour Day


The early bird gets the worm. The crew was here at 6:30 and the truck was here before 7. When I told him "good morning", the driver of the second truck said, "more like good afternoon." He'd been driving since 1 am. I guess they keep busy at night when its so darn hot in the day. Because of teh extreme ambient heat and the heat produced by the normal curing of concrete, at the Hoover dam they built the world's largest refrigerator to cool the concrete before it was poured. I think these guys ar doing just fine without a gargantuan Frigidaire. Though, I gar-un-tee they'll be done by noon. Say hey to Jorge. He's the one in the picture above working and sweating while my teacher on summer vacation ass is taking pictures and going back inside to the air conditioning and another cup of coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home